Welcome to the Haecksen community!
This is the English translation of Willkommensinfos für Neuhaecksen.
This page contains the welcome mail information that is sent to new members. For the sake of clarity, we have tried to keep the welcome email as short as possible. Most of the information can be found here in the wiki.
- Mailing list
- Unsubscribe: Mail to haecksen-unsubscribe [ät] lists.ccc.de
- Add new haecksen: see section Mailinglist
- Do's: Information about events, handicrafts, feminism, organisation are welcome.
- Don'ts: Please do not send any attachments or forwarding emails without permission.
- Rocketchat: Main communication channel, rocket.haecksen.org
- You need an SSO account for this. You can get one on request at admin [ät] haecksen.org.
- Regional groups: Yes we have them, more info here in the wiki
- Haecksen-Buddies: The Haecksen-Mentoring program, mail to: buddy (at) haecksen.org
- FAQ and Glossary: can be found here in the Wiki
- Dates: In the calender, in the Wiki and on the website.
- How to participate? Tasks and hats will be distributed regularly
- any more questions? info [ät] haecksen.org or #haecksen_frageecke in Rocketchat
That's a lot of information here and maybe you have more questions? You can always send your questions to info [ät] haecksen.org or ask them in #haecksen_frageecke in Rocketchat. If you are looking for more connection to our community, our Buddy-Haecksen will help you.
The mailing list now has more than 550 members - for this reason we want to keep the volume of communication low. The Rocketchat is therefore more suitable for chatting or talking.
The mailing list is there for nationwide networking. Here you can find out everything important. Information/topics that can be sent on the mailing list are, for example:
- Information on interesting events
- Call for Papers/ Participation/ Speakers
- Information on feminist issues, data protection, net politics, digital self-defence, handicraft fun, etc.
- Information on the Haecksen organisation and events
- Questions about Haecksen/technology/feminism/x
- Questions about connections/help/experiences/x
- No attachments should be sent on mailing lists.
- If it is not explicitly allowed, the sender should be asked for permission before forwarding an email from this list to other people who are not on this list.
To remove your address from the list, send a message to: haecksen-unsubscribe [ät] lists.ccc.de
If you know a person personally who would also like to be on the Haecksen list and who identifies with the Haecksen definition, please do the following:
- The interested person writes an email to liste [ät] haecksen.org with the request. They also CC the Haeckse they know, who can confirm the contact.
- The known Haeckse replies to liste [ät] haecksen.org and confirms or vouches for the new person.
- The admin haecksen put the new haeckse on the mailing list and send out the welcome email.
The silent list, "stille Liste"
If the volume of communication on the mailing list is too much for you, we recommend that you set up a subfolder, filter your inbox and then only take a look occasionally. This is what a lot of Haecksen do. The mailing list is where all the important information goes, so it's important that you check it from time to time.
If the amount of emails on the mailing list is too much for you, we recommend that you set up a filter.
If you still find it too much, you can of course unsubscribe at any time. However, by doing so you will leave the Haecksen universe and the community, which means that all your Haecksen accounts will be deactivated or deleted.
If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, but would like to remain Haeckse, you can switch to the "silent list" to keep your accounts. Write to us by email (admin@) or in the Rocket #adminfoo to express your wish.
Attention: We do not recommend the silent list as you will miss important information!
No(!) emails will be sent via the "silent list", except for urgent emergencies. All emails that arrive there are automatically held back, and only released after being checked by an admin (but will probably not be released). So why does this "silent list" exist?
- For whom? Haeckse who wants to stay Haeckse (e.g. use Rocketchat) but diesn't want to be on the main mailing list.
- What for? Mainly for account management. If your email address is neither on the main mailing list nor on the silent list, your accounts will be deactivated/deleted.
- What emails are allowed on the silent list? Almost none. If we ever shut down a service completely (e.g. Rocketchat), or if anything very significant changes on the accounts (e.g. change from regular login to SSO account login), we would inform you so that you can back up your data or set a new password.
If you are on the "silent list", it is your own responsibility to inform yourself about Haecksen activities. You can also find out the most important things via the Rocketchat #announce channel.